Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Columbus Trip

On Thursday, we picked Jake up from school and headed west to Columbus.(Jake was well over his virus and Julie was on the very tail end of it with a low fever.) They both slept the whole ride there, so I'm sure Jake will think we live five minutes from the water park. (We stayed at the Holiday Inn that has an indoor water park.) Once we got there, we ate at Bob's...of course. The Kiger's followed us and ate there as well. After checking in, we wasted no time and headed to the pool. The kids were so overwhelmed with so much water spraying here and there, they all had so much fun....so did us adults. I giggled down the slides like an 11 year old would of. hee hee

After over 2 hours in the water, it closed at 9 pm so we headed up to the room and hung out. It was the worse night sleep I have ever had in a hotel. First of all, I slept with Julie, Shane and Jake slept in the other queen. And she tossed and turned, hair in my face, she slept on my shoulders, ah, the worst. Then I noticed my night-lite I brought went out, so figured it was the bulb, I turned on the bathroom light for light, and it was out, then I heard fire truck sirens and saw lights. Hi panic!!? I thought oh crap!-- the hotel is on fire! So I start thinking, I can't jump off the third floor, what should I grab....(Shane and the kids completely snoring.) I wake him up to tell him whats going on and he opens the door and says I'm sure everything is fine the emergency lights are still on, no alarm, you are overreacting (yeah that never happens....hee hee) Seriously don't know how he went back to sleep....am I the only one that watches Dateline and saw the "Would you know what to do in your hotel fire?" APPARENTLY! I called the front desk to ask whats going on, and the man says, " Sorry for any inconveniences, the whole area loss power from the weather, they are trying to restore it." Oh, so maybe Shane was right, so finally fall asleep around 2 am, around 3:45 every light came on because I tested them all. Dole!


In the morning, everyone ate a little, got dressed and we headed out, but Sammy wasn't feeling well so they headed back to Wheeling, and we headed on to the Columbus Zoo. And originally we said it won't be packed the weather is cool, school is still in, we will be there on a Friday.....ah, not! We pull up and I swear there were 50 school buses, HI FIELD TRIPS! I seriously don't know how teachers had head counts and knew were everyone was, because kids were just every where, running around goofing off. But we saw just about every animal we could in 4 hours that we couldn't see at our zoo in Wheeling and the aquarium was awesome, the kids really liked it, but I think they giggled the most at the monkeys. All of the animals were out cause it was such a cool day, so we really got up close to all of them. And again, Jake and Julie slept the whole 2 hours home.
Then three days later, Shane and I both have strep throat. UGH! So I sent Julie up to my parents, I didn't want to be lifting her and being in her face. Jake can entertain himself and not having to carry him around, it was easier to just have one for now. I am better today, yesterday, we both went to the doctors, both got an antibiotic. I just got finished cleaning, I mean cleaning the whole house before my mom brings Julie back after having her a day and overnight. One can of Lysol, and I don't know how many loads of laundry, beds changed, everything scrubbed. Talk about OCD meets Germ-a-phob....I was a maniac! Shane still in the basement on the couch, hanging out with Chewy....lets just say he's a man and he is sick, you know....am I right ladies? haha

No comments: